Villa Murat, Amalfi coast, Campania
- Propery Type:
- Swimming Pool
- Beach Access
- Sea Views
- Village at walking distance
- private garden
Sleeps 10+1 in 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, with pool, WiFi, private garden, unforgettable views and staff.
Walk to a village — top luxury villa, perfect for weddings & celebrations
This historical luxury villa overlooks Capri on the Sorrento Peninsula, with unforgettable views. Set in one of the most beautiful landscapes of the Sorrento coast, Villa Murat has panoramic views of Capri, Ischia, Marina della Lobra and Vesuvius from its windows, balconies, terraces and solarium. This highly refined private palazzo has an atmosphere of the 17th century, but with modern conveniences and comforts, including WiFi internet access, private terraces and gardens, and dedicated full-time staff.. This luxury retreat lends itself to relaxing and rejuvenating and is ideal for weddings and celebrations.
Villa Murat is located in the heart of one of the most enchanting spots along the Sorrentine Coast — Massa Lubrense. This is the mythical Land of Sirens of Homer's Odyssey. Named the "safest community in Italy," Massa Lubrense is the only beach in the province of Naples to have earned coveted Blue Flag status. Recently, Massa Lubrense was declared "the most virtuous city in Italy" for its care and attention to the environment and sustainability.
Not only is Villa Murat strategically situated between Sorrento, Capri and Positano, but it is also located along thirteen miles of inspiring coastline, with a network of trails for spectacular hiking. Daytrip possibilities include nearby Sorrento, the archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum, Naples and Vesuvius, Capri, Ischia, as well as Positano and the Amalfi Coast. Restaurants abound, with at least three that have been accredited a Michelin star rating.
The rooms of the villa are stylishly decorated with an original charm and old-world atmosphere, and have marvelous views over Capri. Bathrooms are outside the rooms, except in the ground floor suite, to respect the villa's historical architecture. Particularly noteworthy is the "Murat Suite," where the King of Naples, Joachim Murat, stayed in 1808.
The villa is not air-conditioned, but fans can be provided. Many services are available on request.
Ground floor: From the limestone entrance, a 16th century door leads to a paved stone hall. The hall to the right is reserved for staff. To the left:
• Double sitting room
• Panoramic loggia
• Fully equipped kitchen with adjoining terrace, furnished with table and chairs
• 1 triple bedroom (3 steps down; 344 sq ft) with double bed and a single bed; en suite bathroom with shower, and access to the panoramic terrace. This room can also sleep 4.
• 1 additional bathroom
Second floor: All of the bedrooms are frescoed and offer wonderful sea views, giving a sense of being suspended above the sea.
• 1 single bedroom (130 sq ft)
• 1 "Murat Suite" double bedroom (280 sq ft)
• 2 twin bedrooms (194 sq ft)
• 2 comfortable bathrooms
• Breakfast room
• Large terrace than spans the building with panoramic view
• Swimming pool (10' x 30') overlooks the Gulf of Naples, nestled in a secluded corner of the garden
• Gardens that serve as open-air lounge, furnished with wrought iron tables and chairs, hammocks and swings, an ideal place to relax and be revitalized with walks among the ancient trees and rare Mediterranean plants
• Solarium and 2 panoramic terraces
• Beach: 3km (less than 2 miles)
Amenities: dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, telephone/fax, WiFi internet connection, parking.
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
|High||June 30 - September 1||11||€11,500.00|
|Mid||7 14 April (Easter Holidays)
April 28 June 30
September 1 - October 6
December 22 January 5 2013 (Christmas Holidays)
|Low||Rest of year||11||€5,900.00|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
2015 season dates
June 6 – September 5
April 18 – June 6
September 5 - October 10
January 3 – April 18
October 10 – January 2 2016