Villa Virginia, Lake Como, Lombardia and The Lakes
- Propery Type:
- Air Con
- village close by
- welcome dinner
- outdoor jacuzzi
- Lake Views
- Prvate Dock
- Swiming pool
Sleeps 10 or 16 people in 8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms. Fetaures inclucde AC, WIFI, New pool, Jacuzzi, private lake access and walk to village with ferry and bus stop.
Villa Virginia dates back to the beginning of the century and still belongs to the noble Swiss family that came on holiday here and fell in love with this area, and decided to build their Italian holiday home here. Villa Virginia has been carefully restored in 2008. The owners tastefully furnished and embellished it, retaining many of its original characteristics and balancing them harmoniously with modern comforts: fine tapestries and fabrics, floors made from fine wood with geometric inlays, beautiful painting on the walls, family period furnishing come with a modern and fully equipped kitchen, WIFI Internet connection, Plasma TV with satellite.
The villa looks directly on the lake and is set in a beautiful garden.
Its location just a few kilometres from Cernobbio and only 7 km (4,35 miles) from the centre of Como has very easy access to public transportation, (bus stop at 150 meters) and the pier of the Navigazione dei Laghi ferries at 400 meters). This makes villa Virginia an ideal destination for both tourism and business.
On the 70sqm wide terrace opening directly on the lake you can enjoy the view and sunbathe in full privacy. Lake access for swimming is also available. From the villa's private docK guests can use a rental boat or water-taxis to visit the charming villages of Lake Como as Menaggio Bellagio and Tremezzo.
Restaurants and shop are within walking distance.
As with all the lake shore villas the lake road is located behind the rental: It is not the main lake Como road but the local one. Although all the rooms except one face the lake the windows are provided with triple glasses.
Villa Virgina is 600 sqm, develops on three floors plus the basement and is set on a 2000 sqm property.
- Spacious dining room with fireplace and French doors opening to the panoramic terrace
- Double living room with sofas, period furniture, satellite plasma TV, and French doors opening to the terrace and offering a beautiful lake view
- Well-equipped kitchen with five -burner stove, dishwasher, espresso machine, fridge with icemaker, microwave
- Bathroom with shower
- Second entrance, kitchenette, stairs to the first floor
- On this floor there are now 4 queen bedrooms all with lake views and 4 bathrooms.
- The two old bathrooms feature;
- One marble bathroom with jacuzzi tub
- One marble bathroom with tub
- The two new bathrooms feature;
- One large bathroom with a double sink, a jacuzzi claw floot bath, and a seperate stall shower with a steamer and water massage.
- One bathroom with shower and hydromassage
Mansard (no lake view from this floor)
- One large king bedroom (can't be separated) with adjoining single bed cm82 x cm192, TV, and wardrobe
- Two twin bedrooms (can't be joined)
- Large bathroom with a shower and a Jacuzzi tub
- One bathroom with shower
- One single bedroom
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Wine cellar with additional wines to purchase, as well as olive oil, Salami, and a tasting area with sofas.
NEW SWIMMING POOL 2014
- Large 70sqm terrace opening towards the lake
- Private dock
- Parking for 4 cars
- Ping pong table
- Outdoor Jacuzzi spa (heated) for six, located in the garden with panoramic view. Will be ready in April 2010.
Guests with walking difficulties note that the parking area is not on the same level as the villa entrance. The underpass has approx 10 steps.
- Air conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Electric oven
- Coffee Machine
- Satellite Plasma Tv
- DVD player
- Stereo/CD player
- Wi Fi internet ADSL Fast Connection (included)
- Housekeeping on Wednesday and Saturday (included)
- Linen changed Wednesday and Saturday (included)
- Gardener Monday/Saturday (included)
- 2 Baby beds (included only if the total number of people doesn’t exceed the maximum capability of the villa)
- Extrabed (not included)
- Heating (not included/metered)
- Telephone (not included/metered)
- Extra maid service available (to pay on the spot)
- Cook service upon request ( to pay directly)
- Extra linen available (to pay on the spot)
- Transfer available (to pay directly)
- Villa d’Este hotel km 1,5
- Motorway km 2
- Lugano 25 km
- Milano 50 km
- Malpensa airport 60 km
Guests with walking difficulties have to be aware that the parking is not at the same level of the villa entrance. Upon request, for those having walking difficulties a single bed can be placed in the living room area, please note that the bathroom with shower at the ground floor is not wheel chair accessible.
The part of the Lake from Como to Tremezzo is a sophisticated resort, where you cannot find isolated or rural areas. Here you come for the scenery, for the shopping, for breathing in the luxury, and to enjoy the views from the stylish restaurants and cafés. The ancient villages and enchanting gardens are the setting for the historical villas of the Lombardy aristocracy and offer pleasant stay at any time of the year.
The best way to enjoy the views of the ancient villas and their gardens is by boat and this can easily be done by taxi boat from the private dock of the villa or by the pier of the Navigazione dei Laghi ferries located at 400 meters
- ENJOY THE VIEWS OF THE VILLAS FROM THE LAKE
- VISIT THE VILLAS AND GARDENS
- SHOPPING: NOT ONLY SILK
- SPEND A NIGHT IN CAMPIONE AT THE GAMING TABLE
- GO TREKKING
- TASTE THE LOCAL CUISINE
- VISIT THE ART EXHIBITIONS
- RELAX RELAX RELAX
The city of Como, is 7 km from the villa and can be easily reached by ferry (10 minutes), and by bus. The old city centre is surrounded by old medieval walls, here you can enjoy the view of charming corners, ancient monuments and lots of fashionable shops.
One of the most romantic villages on Lake Como, Bellagio, also known as the “Pearl of the Lake”. It is a small town with pastel coloured houses offers many itineraries on foot and spectacular views. A visit to the gardens of Villa Melzi cannot be missed.
About 19 km from the villa to Cadenabbia, and then 10 minutes by ferry to Bellagio.
Isola Comacina, is the only island in Lake Como, it is full of history, and memories,
The Locanda dell’isola is a unique and exclusive restaurant where at the end of your dinner you will enjoy the long-standing ritual of the flambéed coffee prepared and offered by the owner to his guests.
About 8 km from the villa: By boat about 10 minutes away across the lake.
The Silk town
Como is famous for its silk factories and luxurious fabric. There are many outlet stores and boutiques where scarves ties and fabrics, by major designers can be bought at excellent prices.
Factory Store /Shopping centre
Foxtown, Mendrisio Switzerland
A shopping centre just a few kilometres from the villa which offers products from the best known international companies and brands at factory prices, with discounts from 30% to 70% for intelligent shopping ( bring your passport )
- Water Sports: water skiing, boat hire, jet skis, kayaks, regattas with the Cannottieri Moltrasio yacht club.
- Hiking: marked paths leading to the top of Mount Bisbino
- Casinos: Campione d'Italia Casino, Mendrisio Casino at Fox Town, Lugano Casino.
- Golf courses: nine courses within 50 km. Golf Club Carimate, Golf Club Menaggio & Cadenabbia, Golf Club Lanzo, Golf Club Ponticello, La Pinetina Golf Club, Golf Club le Robinie, Golf Club Villa d'Este, Green Club Lainate,
- Shopping: in Como, Bellagio, Lugano and Fox Town in Mendrisio.
- Nearby attractions: Gardens and charming historic Villas: Villa Carlotta, Villa Balbianello, Villa Melzi, Villa Olmo, Villa Passalacqua, Villa Fontanelle (Versace's former home), Villa Oleandra (George Clooney's home). Isola Comacina with its famous Locanda dell'Isola inn and the house planned by the King of Belgium.
LAKE COMO VILLAS
Tremezzo is one of the most famous villas in this area. Set on the western shore of Lake Como in Tremezzo, facing Bellagio the villa is a place of rare beauty where a botanical heritage of more than 500 species of plants can be admired in the gardens.
Tremezzo About 18 km from the villa-By boat 20-25 minutes across the lake
OPENING TIMES: Every day from March to October: 9 a.m. -11.30 a.m., 2.00 p.m.-4.30 p.m. From April to September 9.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.
VILLA DEL BALBIANELLO Lenno
This 18th century villa stands on luxuriant headland dropping directly to the lake
Its terraced gardens offer the most spectacular view of the lake
About 13 km from villa Virginia - By boat in about 15-20 minutes across the lake
OPENING TIMES: from 15TH March to 31st October from 10 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.. Closed: Mondays and Wednesdays except when public holidays.
VILLA PIZZO Cernobbio
OPENING TIMES: visits on request.
VILLA MELZI Bellagio
Neo Classical villa built between 1808 and 1810 and surrounded by a charming English garden. Inside the Villa is decorated in the typical neo-classic style, with fine works of art, stucco decorated ceilings, sculptures and frescoes.
About 19 km from Villa Virginia to Cadenabbia, then 10 minutes by ferry to reach Bellagio. About 25 minutes by ferry across the lake
OPENING TIMES: FROM March to October from 9.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
VILLA OLMO Como
Locaded in town Villa Olmo( 1780 ) has been frescoed by famous artists. Today the villa is the setting for major events such as the Autumn Music Festival. Exhibitions, music and dance recitals.
About 5 km from villa Virginia; by ferry about 5 minutes across the lake.
OPENING TIMES: from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., closed on public holidays.
VILLA ERBA Cernobbio
It is a sumptuous 19th century villa set in the middle of a beautiful garden. Since 1986 the villa has been owned by a company and has been transformed into a conference centre of great interest
VILLA PASSALACQUA Moltrasio
This magnificent villa 17th has beautiful terraced gardens, frescoed ceilings is today owned by an American citizen who has made it his Italian home. Many important people lived here including Vincenzo Bellini who composed in this villa La Straniera and part of La Sonnambula.
200 meters from villa Virginia
VILLA FONTANELLE-VILLA VERSACE Between Cernobbio and Moltrasio
This elegant eighteenth-century villa, surrounded by a garden with Mediterranean plants, is famous because it was the home of designer Gianni Versace.
About 1 Km from Villa Virginia - A few minutes by ferry across the lake
VILLA OLEANDRA Laglio
This villa is now famous all over the world because it was purchased and renovated by American actor George Clooney
About 2 km from the villa -By ferry about 20 – 25 minutes across the lake
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
|High||June 30 - September 1||10||€10,700.00|
|Mid||7 14 April (Easter Holidays)
April 28 June 30
September 1 - October 6
December 22 January 5 2013 (Christmas Holidays)
|Low||Rest of year||10||€7,215.00|
|High||June 30 - September 1||16||€13,570.00|
|Mid||7 14 April (Easter Holidays)
April 28 June 30
September 1 - October 6
December 22 January 5 2013 (Christmas Holidays)
|Low||Rest of year||16||€7,860.00|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
Cleaning package 350 Euro per week to pay cash on site
- Pets not allowed
- Heating metered – included up to 50 Euro per week (guests will pay the amount exceeding 50 Euro)
- Telephone metered
ADSL internet connection included - Extra bed available 300 Euro per week
- Baby bed Euro 100
- Bath linen changed Wed and Sat
- Bed linens changed on Sat
- Additional fresh linen upon request 20 Euro per set per person, to pay directly
- Maid service 3 hrs per day Monday to Saturday
-Gardner 5 days per week Security deposit Euro 2000
Utility deposit for AC and Heating Euro 350
Arrive & Relax Package Included
Special notes and restrictions:
- For more than 3 children please inquire
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm for an extra fee of 50 Euro
- Extra service upon request: Baby sitting, cook service, transfer, extra maid service, laundry