Podere San Gio
Podere San GioCastelnuovo dell’Abate (Siena)
From €6,700.00 per week
Castelnuovo dell’Abate (Siena)
- From €6,700.00 per week
Casa San Gio is set in the most desirable location in the beautiful Val D Orcia region. It sleeps up to 8 people, in 4 double bedrooms, 1 with a French bed and 4 bathrooms.
It has been recently renovated with every possible modern convenience. Casa San Gio is part of a 15 hectare wine estate and it is surrounded by olives groves, vineyards and oak woods. It has a panoramic swimming pool and thanks to its position, its easiy to reach the historical centre of Montalcino and the Abbey of Sant’Antimo in just 10 minutes.
From the main road an unpaved private road (about 800 meters ) leads to the villa, therefore the villa is very private and quiet. It faces one of the most enchanting and intense views of the entire Val d’Orcia. Located halfway up the hill of Castelnuovo dell’Abate, it benefits of a privileged position between the valleys of Amiata. The panoramic swimming pool faces directly to the enchanting view of the Val d’Orcia and the vineyards.
The wine cellar is located at 500 meters from the villa and it features the best systems for the biodynamic production of Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino.
Our beautiful house is located 10 km from Montalcino where you can find groceries shops, pharmacy, post office, banks, wine shops and many delicious restaurants. In Castelnuovo dell’Abate – 2 km – you will find a restaurant.
Casa San Giò has a private ( not fenced ) garden. In the front side of the house there is a private outdoor parking area, while in the back side there is the beautiful garden with a lovely view of the valley, a furnished gazebo for al fresco dining, and a BBQ. 50 meters from the house there is a brand new swimming pool (10×6) with garden furniture, a gazebo and another BBQ.
Thanks to the patient work of the owner, this typical Tuscan country home has been carefully restored and elegantly furnished. The house is laid out on two floors, connected by a wrought iron and travertine staircase and it measures 250 SQM.
Entrance hall, Large open-space living room with original Tuscan terracotta tiled floors. There is an oak-beam with a fireplace in Tuscan stone, and splendid views down to the valley; arch through to second living area where there is also a dining area with a table for 10.
A large arch of stones connects the dining room with the kitchen.
Open space fully equipped kitchen (Gas range, dishwasher, electric oven, toaster, mixer, Italian coffee machine and American coffee machine, juice maker) with access to the garden. There is a laundry with washing machine and dryer.
In a more private area of the ground floor there is a study with SAT TV and stereo.
On this floor there is also one double bedroom with bathroom with shower.
On the first floor, there are 3 double rooms, 1 with a French bed and three bathrooms. All the rooms have a beautiful view. One of the bedrooms has a fireplace and access to the garden through an external staircase.
- One double bedroom with en suite bathroom with tub and Jacuzzi shower.
- One double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower.
- One double bedroom with fireplace.
- One bedroom with a French bed.
- One bathroom with tub.
- Two of the bedrooms have ceiling fans.
Heating, Fireplace, Screens on windows in only two bedrooms, Sat TV, Cd Player, Telephone, Internet with Dial up line or Vodafone Modem
The house is equipped with an alarm system.
- 10 Km Montalcino famous for the Brunello
- 23 Km San Quirico d’Orcia
- 30 Km Le Crete Senesi
- 32 Km Pienza
- 46 Km Montepulciano
- 57 Km Siena
- 112 Km Perugia
- 130 Km Firenze
- 220 Km Roma
- The nearest airport is Florence airport 130 Km
- Rome and Pisa airport are at about 220 Km
Casa San Gió is close to many very important sites of art, history and archaeology. Siena, Pienza, San Gimignano, Volterra, Cortona, Arezzo, Perugia, Orvieto, Viterbo and a myriad of other fascinating sites and places are all with in easy reach for half day, or day trips. The countryside between Sarteano and Radicofani is dotted with monasteries and castles, and the Val d’Orcia itself is a spectacular natural and cultural attraction.
Activities: Horse riding 20 Km; Maremma beaches 60 Km; Punta Ala Golf 60 Km; Tennis in Montalcino 12 km, Wine tasting and excursions
Extra Optional Services
Hot Air Ballooning
Pricing and Availability
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
Final cleaning included
- Maid service 3 hrs on Wed and Sat for rental longer than one week.
- On Request: extra cleaning package, 2.5 hr / day, Monday to Friday (Wed already included) = 350 Euro – Air conditioning not available
- Pets not allowed
- Experience Villa
- Visit to the winery and wine tasting
- Save 4%
- Heating included – Extra bed not available Security deposit Euro 1000
- Pool opening dates May 2 – September 26
- Pool towels included – Baby bed 100 Euro
- Linen changed on Sat, Bath linens changed on Wed and Sat.
- Cell phone metered
- Internet WIFI connection INCLUDED. – Included in the price one bottle of wine and basic grocery shopping.
- Special notes and restrictions:
- IMPORTANT Unpaved road to reach the villa; this access is not suitable for low slung cars.
- NO MORE THAN 8 PEOPLE ARE ADMITTED
- Children under 3 years old are NOW accepted
- Late Arrival is possible upon request and approval of the owner between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm for an extra fee of 50 Euro
Toscana - Tuscany
Tuscany is the place we all dream of….The place we want to retire to, and it is that place that will echo in your heart for a life time once you have stayed there and felt the essence of the organic life that passes by there each day.
With fields of sunflowers as far as they eye can see, olive groves and vineyards lining every street corner make Tuscany’s country side a picture worth painting. With its abundance of tiny medieval towns scattered around the hills, open air markets where locals gather each Saturday morning to offer their produce such as Truffle oil, olives, chianti wine, cured meats etc makes Tuscany the perfect place to visit for those that love food, wine and history.
From €6,700.00 per week
Array (  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 6831 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2020-02-24 01:29:07 [post_date_gmt] => 2020-02-24 01:29:07 [post_content] => Villa d'Oro is set in the quiet green countryside of northern Lazio. This 16th century villa has been home to members of the present owners' family for over three hundred years. More recently, Julia Roberts spent a month at Villa d'Oro while filming "Eat Pray Love". Villa d'Oro lies in the heart of the Viterbo countryside, just an hour's drive from Rome; there is also direct rail service. A wealth of daytrip possibilities is within half an hour by car, including San Martin al Cimino and the old city of Viterbo, both just one kilometer from the villa. Discover Villa Farnese and the unique gardens of the Villa Lante. Children will be delighted by the extraordinary Parco dei Mostri (Park of Monsters) in nearby Bomarzo. Explore Etruscan tombs or visit vineyards and wineries. The towns of southern Tuscany and Umbria are accessible; Siena and Assisi are 80 kilometers (50 miles) away. Orvieto is a thirty minute drive, and the nearest shops and conveniences can be found just two kilometers away in San Martino. Originally a country farmhouse, the villa has been restored to a high level of elegance while respecting the original structure and materials. Now it is a graceful and welcoming home. Follow the private drive through the villa's picturesque grounds, planted with olive and lemon trees. Surrounding the house is a beautiful garden, and nearby, on a grassy terrace, is an "infinity" pool with a panoramic view over the hills of Lazio. The main villa sleeps 10+1. For larger groups, there are additional rooms in the adjacent Casale, which has been recently renovated and can be rented to sleep 6-8 additional guests. DETAILS THE VILLA LOWER GROUND FLOOR • Large dining room • Large and well-equipped kitchen with fireplace, dishwasher, microwave • Well equipped wine cellar • Guest bathroom GROUND FLOOR (SLEEPS 2) • Two grand hallways • TV room with fireplace leading to pergola • Billiard room • Two large sitting rooms, one with fireplace • Study leading out to terrace furnished for outdoor dining • Double bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower SECOND FLOOR (SLEEPS 8+1) • Double bedroom with sitting room and large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower • Double bedroom • Bedroom with French bed (larger than a twin, smaller than a double; for an adult or two children) • Bathroom with shower • Double bedroom • Twin bedroom • Bathroom with tub and shower CASALE (SLEEPS 6+2) • Two double bedrooms, each with a mezzanine with an additional single bed; en suite bathrooms with showers • Twin bedroom; en suite bathroom GROUNDS • Seven hectares (20 acres) of olive groves surround extensive lawns. • Swimming pool (7 x 14 meters; 23 x 46 feet) is set about 65 feet from the house, with an outdoor shower. • There is a private chapel on the grounds. AMENITIES FEATURES • Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar LOCATION • Walk to village/services • Closest store or village: 2.0 km CLOSEST VILLAGE/SERVICES 2.0km POOL/SPA • Pool (unheated) • Pool/Billiards Table • Phone Internet/Wi-Fi • Washer [post_title] => Villa D'Oro [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => villa-doro [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2020-02-28 04:02:49 [post_modified_gmt] => 2020-02-28 04:02:49 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.italianvillavacations.com.au/?post_type=properties_&p=6831 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => properties_ [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 6658 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2020-02-05 03:33:51 [post_date_gmt] => 2020-02-05 03:33:51 [post_content] => This fully air-conditioned luxurious Tuscan villa is located in an ancient hamlet and sits within a 12-acre/ 4,8 ha of land among the rolling hills covered with olive trees and vines. To reach the villa, guests will pass a winding country road, lined by majestic cypress trees that leads through a pebbled road and opens to the villa’s entrance; with the most spectacular breathtaking 360 degrees panoramic views of the countryside. The two-story private property has been completely restored to a luxurious 9-bedroom villa offering modern comfort. The ground floor has a spacious open living room with direct access to two charming outdoor sitting terraces, a dining room and a fully equipped state of the art kitchen, opening to a lovely terrace perfect for alfresco dining. All the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with large showers and can comfortably accommodate 18 + 1 persons. Two of these bedrooms are also suitable for guests with disability. Next to the main villa there is also a very nice Dependance for 2 people. SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
- 9 Double bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom + 1 Dependance for 2 people. • Large bathrooms with luxurious marble bath tops & walk-in showers • Elegant Unique decor and furnishings • Plenty outdoors space for large groups but also plenty of opportunities for privacy as well • Large living room and dining room • Fully Equipped gourmet kitchen • Outdoor dining area with seating for alfresco dining • Private Infinity Pool (14mt x 6,50mt H1,40mt) with hydro massage • Air Conditioning • Villa Pre-Stocking (if requested at extra cost) • 3 Barbecues • Chef and housekeeping services • Parking area • Wine cellar • Gym
- Living room with direct access to outdoor terrace perfect for alfresco dining • Dining room and kitchen • Large wooden gazebo with a built-in BBQ where guests can also eat outdoor • Wine cellar adjacent to the main villa • Fitness room adjacent to the main villa • Infinity swimming pool of the main villa
- Bedroom 10 Double bedroom with queen-size bed, A/C bathroom with shower. Bedroom with queen-size bed that can be convertible into 2 twin beds
- Microwave • Oven • Toaster • Coffee machine • Internet Wi-Fi • Flat Screen TV • Barbecue • Parking area • Baby Cot
- Linens & Towels • Pool Towels • Bathroom Amenities • Safe Deposit Box • Iron & Iron board • Hair Dryer • Baby high chair • Washing machine • Dryer
- Borgo Bernardini, a former hamlet tucked away among the gently folding Lucchese hills, provides a gracious and luxurious Tuscan retreat.
- Originally a hunting lodge, where noble guests of the Count Bernardini resided while engaged in the time-honored contest between man and beast, the borgo later was used as lodging for the count's multitudinous staff.
- The attention paid to the renovation of Borgo Bernardini has rendered it truly magnificent — a magical oasis. Rambling old walls surround weeping willows, fountains and formal gardens. A gorgeous floodlit salt water swimming pool and ample area for outdoor barbecuing and dining promise many pleasant hours spent under the Tuscan sun. There are numerous sitting areas and a courtyard for dining al fresco, most notably the gracious table near the magnificent peschiera, a goldfish pond on grand scale complete with flowers in terra cotta pots, waterlilies, and fountains with lights at night.
- In the immediate area you will find tennis facilities, horseback riding stables and a golf driving range (with full golf courses located in nearby Montecatini or Versilia). The location is convenient to the beaches of the Versilian Riviera (1/2 hour), splendid hiking in the Cinqueterre (1 hour), and to nearby Lucca, as charming a medieval town as any in Italy, offering Romanesque churches, exquisite gardens, wonderful restaurants and elegant shops.
- It also draws music lovers, as Puccini was born here. Stroll, bike, or picnic on Lucca's ramparts, a series of surrounding walls originally constructed in Roman times. From atop the walls on a clear day you can see the Apuan Alps.
- Fully air-conditioned and heated throughout, the villa has a central music system and many CDs are provided, but some guests may prefer to hear the tinkling of keys on the beautifully restored 1890 Steinway.
- Full staff is provided, including daily housekeeping and chef services for breakfast and your choice of lunch or dinner, gardener, pool attendant, concierge on call.
- Twelve uniquely decorated double bedrooms (8 have queen beds and 4 have twin beds that can be joined as queens), each with its own en suite bathroom (4 have Jacuzzi tubs), individual temperature control, music system and telephone.
- Many receptions rooms and living areas, including a domed music room, sun lounge with library, formal living room with satellite TV/DVD and doors leading out to the ornamental pond and fountains
- Banquet hall (seats 24), card and billiard room, wine tasting room with a private selection of Tuscan wines
- Fully equipped Tuscan kitchen
- Guest office with centralized music system, computer facilities, wireless internet access
- Security system
- Fitness room with cardiovascular and weight equipment
- Additional rooms: laundry room and four powder rooms.
- Floodlit swimming pool (8m wide x 16m long x 1-2m deep)
- Italian gardens (2,000 sq m) with gazebo, ornamental fish pond, fountains
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Near Beach Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 2.0 km
- CLOSEST VILLAGE/SERVICES
- Pool (unheated)
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)Gym/Workout AreaHorseback Riding (nearby)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- CLIMATE CONTROL
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat