Villa AlbaMeina (NO)
Contact for pricing
- Contact for pricing
Villa Alba is a contemporary holiday rental with a pool and 6 Air Conditioned bedrooms.
Situated on a scenic hill within walking distance from the center of town – Meina (400m). The beach club with a tennis court is 750 meters away.
Elegantly furnished with panoramic views over the lake, villa Alba sleeps 12 people
Technical description (The accommodation spreads over two levels + basement)
Lounge with a fireplace
Library room equipped with TV and PlayStation
Office room with desk
Fully equipped kitchen (Gaggenau household appliances – including a deep fryer and a grill – and Electrolux big two doors fridge with icemaker), with adjacent breakfast area
Spacious dining room with access to the terrace for enjoying outdoor meals has table for 12 people
Large living room (with couches, smart TV, billiards table and large windows overlooking the lake)
Powder room (WC and basin)
6 air conditioned bedrooms and 4 beautiful marble bathrooms.
Large terrace facing the lake with outdoor furniture
A master bedroom with a not-divisible double bed ( 190 x 170 ) and TV
One bathroom with tub
One bathroom with shower
One bedroom with bunk beds ( 190 x 80 )
Three twin/double bedrooms with 2 single beds that can be joined (190 x 85 ) – one bedroom also has a TV
One bedroom with a not-divisible double bed ( 190 x 160 )
Two bathrooms each with shower and tub
PLEASE NOTE THAT: One extra bed, for one extra person maximum, can be added either on ground floor or on first floor.
Laundry room with washer and dryer, garage with parking for 2 cars.
The terraced backyard (4000 m²) is nicely landscaped with a rose garden, secluded spots, and a swimming pool with an adjoining pool house with a changing room, bathroom and refrigerator. Overlooking the fenced pool is a large vine-covered terrace with lounge chairs and poufs and breathtaking views. You can enjoy music at the pool thanks to the Bluetooth system and wireless internet.
At a short walking distance (400mt): supermarket with a delicatessen section, newspaper and tobacco store, hair salons, bakery, a gift shop, an excellent wine cellar and a few restaurants.
Beach and its trendy Meina Beach restaurant-pizzeria. Meina’s train station is just 1 km away.
Nearby you will find the lively town of Arona (4 km) with a beautiful promenade along the lake and many interesting shops and fine restaurants. From there you can easily hop on any ferry to explore Lake Maggiore. In Arona there is also a train station connecting you easily with Milan. Less than 15 km away is Stresa, the most popular tourist resort of Lago Maggiore, and the magical Borromeo Islands with a summer palace noted for its gardens. Further north you will find the botanical gardens of Villa Taranto in Verbania. Easy one-day trips are possible to the famous Piedmont vineyards, the romantic Lake Orta or trekking in the nearby mountain valleys.
Terrace / Alfresco Dining
Walk To Village
Extra Optional Services
Pricing and Availability
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
|High||June 30 – September 1||12||€8,300.00|
|Mid||7 14 April (Easter Holidays)
April 28 June 30
September 1 – October 6
December 22 January 5 2013 (Christmas Holidays)
|Low||Rest of year||12||€6,700.00|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
– Utilities in high and mid-season (except for heating: not included during Christmas Holidays)
– 3 hours cleaning on Wednesday
– Bed and bath linens changed on Wed & Sat.
– Pool towels changed once a week
– Pool opening dates May to October
– Gardner 1 day per week
– Final cleaning
– Pool maintenance
– WIFI internet connection included – Pets allowed only upon request and according to the owner approval Euro 70 per pet/week
– Refundable Security deposit Euro 1500
– Pool opening dates: May 2 – 26 September
– Heating in winter time is not included (metered) –
– Additional maid service 12 Euro per hr.
– Extra bed (max 1 people): 200 Euro per week per person. UPON REQUEST
– Cleaning service (minimum 2 hrs. each time) 12 Euro/hr. (paid on site)
– Cleaning package including midweek housekeeping (3 hrs. also on Monday) + Arrive & Relax Package at arrival 300 Euro per week (paid on site)
Special notes and restrictions:
– Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible at the following costs:
Between 7.00 pm and Midnight for an extra fee of 50 Euro
Between Midnight and 6.00 am for an extra fee of 100 Euro
– Extra service upon request: Baby sitting, cook service, transfer, extra maid service, laundry service
Contact for pricing
Array (  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 6639 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2020-02-04 03:00:37 [post_date_gmt] => 2020-02-04 03:00:37 [post_content] =>
Villa Angela is stunning lakefront property located on the northwest shore of Lake Como, with access to the beach. Guests feel at home with a heated swimming pool, a panoramic sun patio and a large private garden directly overlooking the lake promenade and the beach.GROUND FLOOR
- Large and sunny living room with comfortable sofas
- Satellite TV, DVD, WIFI and CD player
- Sitting room with lake view
- Grand piano
- Modern and fully equipped kitchen (2 ovens, one blast chiller, 2 dishwashers, a large fridge with freezer and a wide kitchen island)
- Large dining room with a wooden table for up to 18 people.
- Staff bedroom with a dedicated bathroom
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Large and sunny living room with comfortable sofas
- Sitting room with terrace
- 5 double bedrooms, each with private en-suite bathroom: - The Green bedroom features a tub and double exposure with a great lake view (no terrace) - The Orange bedroom, the Lilac bedroom, and the Pink bedroom have direct access to their own private terraces with a magnificent lake view - The Yellow bedroom offers a beautiful garden view
- From the spacious entrance in the back of the villa, guests have access to the stairs.
- Descending a few steps you find the laundry room, equipped with washing machine, dryer and a large sink.
- Lakefront property, just a few meters from the beach.
- In the large private garden there is a swimming pool , heated from the second week of May till the third week of September; during the other seasons, it can be heated, if required, with an extra cost.
- Behind the house there is a private parking area.
- The village (all shops) is about 600 meters from the property.
- A pedestrian path runs along the shore between the lake and the property. For this reason privacy outside could be limited (specially during July and August) as the lakefront has public access. This is not an isolated property.
- This Water-front villa is an outstanding late 19th century three storey mansion.
- Inspired by the quietness and tranquility of the location, and the proximity to the Bellagio city centre, Marquis Eugenio Besana built this Villa on the shores of Lake Como in 1891.
- In 1920, an influential Italian tycoon acquired the property as his private residence. His grandsons are still the current proprietors.
- Over the last 100 years four generations have developed their passion for culture and style and transformed the mansion into a luxury holiday retreat and living museum.
- The access to Villa Ametista is by car or boat, with separate entrances for both.
- The big terrace on the ground floor has an impressive 180-degree view: nowhere else on lake Como is it possible to see such perfect views of iconic landmarks such as the town of Bellagio in one direction, Menaggio and Tremezzo directly across the lake and in the near distance Villa Balbianello. The terrace offers a comfortable sitting room and also two wide lounges with huge windows facing the lake.
- The private heated swimming pool (near the big terrace) offers the chance to admire this landscape while relaxing in total quiet. The pool area offers comfortable lounge chairs and al fresco dining. The pool (measures: 15m x 3,2m) is not fenced but can be easily closed with an electrical shutter.
- For the guests of Villa Ametista there's also a brand new tennis court, situated about 40 mt from the lake. This tennis court has one of the most astonishing views on Lake Como: while playing tennis, you’ll be able to admire the lake,whilst surrounded by the Alps… beyond words!
- The villa is surrounded by an exclusive botanical garden offering centenary trees, amazing coluors and scents for an unforgettable reverie. Its impressive position on Lake Como offers a panoramic shoreline walk of more than 300 meters. These luxuriant gardens (measuring nearly four hectares) climb along the mountain and provide breathtaking views.
- The interiors are characterized by the typical Italian 19th-20th Century furniture. Here details make the difference: from the impressive marble fireplace, passing through the long grand piano and the Murano chandeliers, continuing with the luxurious paintings and the dark oak boiserie (typical of the Gabriele D’Annunzio romantic early 20th century style), finishing with the walnut covered ceiling.
- The guests of Villa Ametista have over 1500 square meters at their disposal. There is also a basement (accessible only to the staff) which hosts a laundry room, a wine cellar and a second semi-professional kitchen.
- The mansion develops over three floors – please be aware that there are lots of steps to reach the different levels of the Villa.
- On the GROUND FLOOR, there is the main dining room that easily accommodates up to twenty guests (an ideal location for a private party) and the living room. On this level, the villa also offers a games room, with two card tables with beautiful lighting for late-night games.
- The sleeping quarters are located entirely upstairs, on the first and second floor (no rooms on the ground floor). There are 10 bedrooms.
- Access to the first floor is via the main staircase or through the secondary service stairs: there, a huge oak library welcomes the guests, with its nearly thirty thousand rare and antique books embracing many topics of human knowledge.
- On the FIRST FLOOR are located the biggest, most luxurious and comfortable 4 suites (all with dedicated bathroom): the first suite faces the lake through a wide terrace, the second suite has its windows on the southern side of the botanical garden, the third suite overlooks the northern, peaceful side of the garden, the fourth suite is located right in front of a giant Lebanon Cedar.
- The SECOND FLOOR is the “Kids & Teens Floor”, with the remaining standard bedrooms, nicely furnished and decorated but surely less luxurious than the 4 suites on the first floor.Bedrooms Details:
- King bed, en suite tub & shower
- King bed, en suite tub & shower, studio & sitting room
- King bed, en suite tub & shower & dressing room
- Double bed (it can be split to twin beds), en suite bath tub
- King bed, en suite shower
- Double bed (it can be split to twin beds), en suite bath tub
- King bed, en suite bath tub
- Double bed (it can be split to twin beds), bath room with shower
- Single French bed, bath room with tub
- Four single beds, en suite bath tub & shower
- A separate building house (fifty meters from the Villa) can easily accommodate a staff up to six people.
- The Villa is always offered with the resident staff service. The staff consists 6 people: 1 cook, 1 gardener, 2 house cleaners, 2 persons dedicated to table, pool and terrace service.
- Included in the Cost:“Welcome Pack” provided on arrival (basic groceries like; water, salt, sugar and coffee) and first lunch or dinner offered by the property
- Daily cleaning service, daily change of towels (also pool) and twice weekly change of bed linen
- Cooking Service – The Villa comes with the Italian cook who has been with the Orlando family for over 25 years (traditional italian style food&dishes). If necessary, the cook will also buy all the necessary food that is to be paid for directly in cash at the end of the stay
- Flowers and vegetables from the garden (when available)
- Tennis court and swimming pool usage
- AC / Heating
- Barbeque and happy hour organization
- Electricity, cooking gas, water and Internet Wi-Fi connection
- Any maintainance of house, equipment or garden
- Available on request and charged:
- Concierge - Villa Ametista has its own concierge service that is advised especially if there are over 12 guests
- Taxi boat or boat rent (Villa Orlando Concierge can organize this service)
- Wine tasting: Villa Ametista has its oun wine cellar that can be used for special occasions
- Located directly on Lake Como, not far away from the worldwide famous Villa Carlotta, Villa Ametista is a few minutes away from the shopping centre of Bellagio (also known as “The Pearl of The Lake”) and just half an hour by car away from the renowned Menaggio Golf Club.
- The privileged position and the relatively mild climate make Bellagio a very interesting location every time of the year: visitors will be charmed and delighted by its stone-made stairs and the vertical structure of the town, which directly faces the blue waters of the lake, by the elegant shops where time seems to have stopped, by its porticos - ideal for a romantic stroll - and wide bars where a wonderful espresso or hot chocolate can be sipped.
- The international airports of Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa and Lugano are all within 90 minutes drive. Distance from the 3 airports:
- Milan Linate: 75km, 1h and 10mins
- Milan Malpensa: 90km, 1h and 30mins
- Lugano: 65km (through Cernobbio), 1h and 30mins; 40km across the lake with the ferry boat), time strongly depends on the ferry boat
- Distance from main towns:
- Lecco: 20 Km, 35mins
- Como: 30 km, 1h
- Milano: 80 km, 1h and 30 min
- An unexpected, contemporary look for an old 1922 construction site, completely renovated and transformed into a stunning luxury villa.
- Directly on the waterfront with a magnificent view of Bellagio, Varenna and the mountains surrounding the lake - from Lecco up to Colico - the villa is completely hidden and extremely private... absolutely unique.
- The access to the villa is through a dark black garage with a futuristic glass walkway, while the heart of the house is light-filled: huge glass windows, tailor-made designed interior and furniture with décor materials (such as wood, concrete, glass) … every detail in this villa contributes to make this property exclusive and completely different from the “traditional” historical villas dotting the lake shore.
- The Bellagio promontory is enjoyed from every corner of the property: from the living areas to the suites located on the first floor. Especially suggestive is the contrast between its shaded areas and the brightness provided by the huge windows facing the lake.
- All the rooms have a fresh, airy and light look, and each has a spectacular view of the lake.
- A panoramic lake view can also be enjoyed from the garden surrounding the swimming pool, as well as from the roof terrace on the first floor.
- … or one can walk down to the private dock and take the property's Zodiac dinghy on a personalized tour on the lake itself.
- heated swimming pool
- fire pit
- boat dock
- al fresco dining area
- chill-out areas
- BBQ area
- roof terraces
- THE INTERIORS - Overall Rooms and Accommodations
- The villa is divided into 3 levels (connected by lift and stairs) and offers 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms.
- The GROUND FLOOR is characterized by different floor levels (therefore there are few stairs to reach a level from the other) and it’s sited below the street level. At the Ground Level the guests can find:
- A large hall
- A billiard and library room
- The guest bathroom
- Spa (sauna, hammam, massage room, bathroom with shower, relax bed) and gym with flat TV and Techogym equipment
- A bartender
- A living room with fireplace and TV
- A fully equipped open kitchen
- A dining room (for up to 14 guests)
- A cinema room (projector) with fireplace luxuriously decorated with hunting trophy
- A wine and cigar cellar The Suite n. 5: double king bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower (the basin is in the bedroom), TV. Please note that there are 3 stairs to reach the bed.
- At the FIRST FLOOR there’s the main entrance through the garage (which can host up to 7 cars).
- At this floor are sited 4 bedrooms and a wide terrace (shared by 3 of the 4 bedrooms):
- Suite n. 1: double king bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower and tube), small living area, TV.
- Suite n. 2: double king bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower), TV and direct access to the terrace
- Suite n. 3: double king bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower), TV and direct access to the terrace
- Suite n. 4: double king bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower), TV and direct access to the terrace
- The terrace shared by the suites N. 2-3-4 is a roof of 240 square meters, equipped with a gazebo and a comfortable sitting area
- At the SECOND FLOOR (the last upper level) are located the last 2 suites:
- Suite n. 6: double bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower), TV, direct access to a private terrace. Please note: there are few staris to reach the suite and other 3 stairs to reach the bed.
- Suite n. 7: double queen bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower), living room with TV, kitchenette and studio. This suite has direct access to a 350 square meters terrace equipped with several sitting areas and a BBQ area.
- Beds Sizes are the following:
- King bed size: 180 x 200cm
- Queen bed size: 160 x 200cm
- The King beds are convertible in twin beds (only the headboard can not be divided)
- OVERALL FEATURES:
- On the lake, Lake view
- Safe in all rooms
- Air Conditioning and Central Heating in all rooms and living room
- Heated outdoor pool
- Hammam, Sauna, Massage room, Relaxing area
- Gym (Technogym equipment)
- Private mooring
- Business corner
- Wine and Cigar cellar
- Cinema room (projector) with Apple TV and high-end entertainment system
- Security system
- Home automation system throughout the villa
- Garage up to 10 vehicles
- Al fresco dining areas
- Outdoor chill-out area
- Flat screen TV in all rooms (Italian cable and Satellite)
- The villa is seated on 3 floors and the floors are connected by lift and stairs.
- The floors has different levels and each level is reached by few stairs.
- In the kitchen area the different floor levels requires particular attention: near the stairs connecting the living area with the kitchen area a big chair has been placed to avoid risks (e.g. guests distracted by the beauty of the lake could fall down).
- In the cinema room, the presence of few hunting trophies (hung on the walls) could not be appreciated by the most sensible persons. In case, this room can be kept closed by thick black curtains.
- KIDS ISSUES:
- There are few areas which are dangerous for small children, therefore the owner took some precautions as follows: only when there are very small children, in order to avoid kids to go up stairs, the owner will put gates on the stairs, both in front of them and one on side.
- The pool is not fenced and the access to the lake is delimited by a very low wall.
- Nearest Airports:
- - 45 minutes by car: Lugano (LUG) for commercial and private flights
- - 75 minutes by car: Milan Malpensa (MPX) OR Milan Linate (LIN)
- - 30 minutes by car or boat (Como, Lugano)
- - 75 minutes by car (Milano)
- Golf Course:
- - 10 minutes by car (Menaggio e Cadenabbia Golf Club)
- Cod. 097
- Last Visit: 31-01-2018
- Air Conditioning
- Top Luxury Villas
- Pool or Hot Tub
- Modern luxury private house, directly on the waterfront with a magnificent view of Bellagio and private mooring
- Sleeps 14 in 7 AC bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom and lake-view
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and living room
- Heated outdoor pool and roof terrace with gorgeous lake-view
- Spa (sauna, hammam, massage room, bathroom with shower, relax bed) and Gym (Technogym)
- Wine cellar and Cigar cellar
- Cinema room with Apple TV, high-end entertainment system
- Grand piano
- Security system and Home automation system throughout the villa
- Garage up to 7 vehicles