The Luxury Collection
Villa BelliniMoltrasio Como
From €37,000.00 per week
- From €37,000.00 per week
Top Luxury Villa.
- Sleeps up to 23 pax in 9 luxury suites, Swimming pool (15x6x deep 2,50-3,50 meters), 4 European king sized beds, 4 European queen sized beds, 2 Bedrooms with twin beds, 3 Single beds, Elevator, Daily cleaning, Private Lake access, Italian style garden, Small village at walking distance
- Villa Passalacqua is one of the most beautiful villas on lake Como owned for centuries by the most important Italian Aristocratic Families. It is located 3 km north of Cernobbio (between the famous villa d’Este hotel and George Clooney’s villa). Restaurants and shops at walking distance.
- The villa, redisigned by the famous architect Felice Soavi has been frescoed by Andrea Appiani and from 1829 to 1833 has been The residence of the famous composer Vincenzo Bellini who composed here La Sonnambula.
- The ceilings on the public rooms as well as the bedrooms are ornately decorated and painted. The floors are a beautiful mixture of Cotto Lombardo, Seminato, and dark antique wood. The Villa is filled with beautiful paintings, sculptures, rugs, tapestries and Venetian chandeliers.
- Perfect for large parties, the property is surrounded by spectacular Italian-style gardens that include a large swimming-pool with unobstructed views of the lake.
- The Estate is made up of a main villa, 2.787 sqm in size and a guest house, 250 sqm in size, located in a separated area and completely independent from the main villa. The entire property was painstakingly restored and renovated in 2002 with detailed attention given to every room and feature.
- The main villa occupies three floors:
- The Ground Floor is dedicated to the living and reception areas.
- The Dining Room is an oval shaped room with 16 marble columns. The most important fresco in the Villa sits above the dining room table. It is a fresco by Andrea Appiani who was Europe’s foremost neoclassical artist at the turn of the 19th century. The Tuscan Dining Room is more casual and filled with period Tuscan furniture. Here there is a separate sitting area with marble fireplace and television for relaxing and enjoying the views.
- In the same level there are two beautiful fully equipped professional kitchens. The Kitchen is large and airy with subzero refrigerators and wine coolers, Viking and Gaggeneau ovens, grills and ranges, 4 disposals, 2 dish washers, a vegetable and fish steamer and a fryer. The counter tops are made of Verona marble and the cabinetry is richly decorated, hand-carved wood. The most prominent feature of the kitchen is two 8 foot high stone fireplaces that are original to the Villa and bear the family emblem.
- On the ground floor are also two beautiful dens, with computers and internet connections. One is fitted with mahogany cabinetry. There is also a Billiard Room with a hand-carved English Snooker table. For nights when the guests want to stay in, there is a cinema with a large screen and cinema quality sound system. The cinema houses one of the Villa’s most incredible fireplaces and an exquisite mahogany bar. For many of the guests, the favorite room is the Pizzeria. It is a large, casual room with a massive fireplace and an antique brick pizza and foccaccia oven that is original to the Villa.
- A splendid marble stair gives access to the first floor where is the large and frescoed living room with piano, the fitness room and 5 magnificent bedrooms with bathrooms (see detailed description of this floor)
- On the second floor 5 additional bedrooms with bathrooms (see detailed description of this floor)
- Beautiful floor tapestries cover the ancient Lombard terra-cotta and wood floors. Collection of prints and engravings decorate the walls, stylishly fabrics, upholstery, and drapery are found throughout while the windows provide beautiful view of the lake and the garden.
- There are two pianos in the Villa. One is a perfectly restored antique Bluethner that once sat in the Leipzig Concert Hall. It rests in the Music Room which is a spectacular room with 30 ft. high ceilings, Albertolli frescoes and stunning views of the lake. The other piano is a player piano that plays jazz, modern and classical music on its own for lazy nights when no one feels like playing.
- The Villa Passalacqua is children friendly. In the back garden next to the kitchen is a wonderful outdoor play area with beautiful wooden slide, swing set and rope climb.
- The gardens of the Villa Passalacqua are considered some of the most historic and beautiful on Lake Como. Guests can cut their own flowers in the Cutting Garden or Rose Garden for fresh flowers in the Villa. There is also an extensive Vegetable Garden and Orchard so that the guests can enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables during their stay.
- The Swimming Terrace is spectacular. The terrace is filled with lemon and Olive trees. The views of Lake Como are stunning from the Swimming Terrace which is the warmest part of the garden. Overlooking the swimming pool is Sant’ Agata’s 12th century bell tower. There is also a beautiful 200 year old greenhouse on the terrace. There are 11 working fountains on the property that add cool freshness and sound to the hot summer afternoons.
- The Villa Passalacqua property ends at the lake’s shore. The dock area is beautiful. It is encased in antique Moltrasio stone both on the walls and on the steps leading to the water. The dock area is filled with roses, creeping jasmine and oleander.
- Upon request and at an additional charge it is possible to rent a boat which can be moored at the dock of the villa.
- Included in the price for both villas are all the utilities, daily maid service (Monday through Saturday) and linen and towel service every third day. The Villas have towels for the bathrooms and the swimming pool and they use only the finest Italian cotton sheets. They also only use the highest quality goose down pillows and comforters. Available: bicycles, tennis rackets and other sports equipment.
- Cook service upon request (charged).
A large entry room with marble stair, a formal large frescoed dining room, a Tuscan family dining room with TV, drawing room, two kitchens each with large refrigerators and BBQ, a billiard room, Cinema room, wine room, study room with telephone, fax, Internet access and computer facilities, satellite TV. One bathroom with marble bathtub and 2 guest bathrooms.
- Fitness room, frescoed music room with piano.
- The first suite (Laura 2 pax) has a 180 cm bed, a marble fireplace, views of Lake Como, and a bathroom with a shower and separate tub with a handheld shower.
- Suite Laura is 1418 square feet and is the most spectacular suite in the Villa. It is positioned at the corner of the Villa with magnificent views of the lake to the north and the south. The entire suite is wood paneled and painted decoratively reflecting the Villa’s eighteenth century origins. In the bedroom is a large grey marble fireplace that is original to the Villa. The bedroom is 612 square feet and the bathroom is 648 square feet. For the Signora is a delicate powder room of 158 square feet.
- The second suite (della Nonna 2 pax) has a sitting room, a bedroom with 180 cm bed, views of the lake and swimming pool, and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower.
- Suite della Nonna faces the lake, with beautiful views of the lake and the swimming pool. This suite is 1026 square feet. The bedroom is 432 square feet. It has beautifully restored wooden floors, Zoffany wallpaper and important paintings and antiques. This suite has a beautiful and separate sitting room of 378 square feet and lovely bathroom of 216 square feet with antique Rotterdam WC and steel English bathtub.
- The third suite (Camilla 2 pax) has a bedroom with a 180 cm bed and a bathroom with a shower and separate tub.
- Suite Camilla has beautiful views of the mountains and of Moltrasio. Suite Camilla measures 943 square feet and contains a large bedroom of 643 square feet and a bathroom of 300 square feet. The bedroom has antique wooden floors and is decorated in Colefax and Fowler wallpaper. There is a four poster matrimonial bed in this bedroom with beautiful English and Italian antiques. The bathroom has a steel and porcelain antique English bathtub and skeleton shower encased in crystal glass.
- The fourth suite (Suite Abigail and Isabella 4 pax) has 2 bedrooms, one with Queen Sized Bed, and one bedroom with 2 Twin Beds. Shared bathroom with bathtub.
- The first suite (Bisbino 3 pax) has two bedrooms and one bathroom with a tub. The first bedroom has a 180 cm bed and the second bedroom has a 90 cm bed.
- Suite Bisbino contains one large bedroom, one smaller bedroom, and a bathroom totalling 869 square feet. Suite Bisbino faces the mountains and the village and has a double four poster bed, Zoffany wallpaper and a bathroom with a beautiful steel-covered antique English bathtub. The second bedroom, for one person, contains a decorative, original antique fireplace and ornate ceiling.
- The second suite (Sant’Agata 4 pax) has two sitting rooms, three bedrooms, a sauna, and one bathroom with a shower and separate tub with a handheld shower. The first bedroom has a 2 twin beds 90 cm each, the second bedroom has a 90 cm bed, and the third bedroom has a 90 cm bed.
- Suite Sant’ Agata is a beautiful suite with two sitting rooms, a large bedroom, two smaller bedrooms, a sauna for two and a bathroom with a steam shower for a total of 2,592 square feet. The suite features beautifully carved ceilings of musical instruments. The lovely views are of the lake and swimming pool. The sauna and bathroom contain a beautiful fireplace, antique English bathtub and a steam shower. This suite is the envy of the Villa.
- The third suite (Bellini 2 pax) has views of Lake Como, a 180 cm bed and a bathroom with a shower and Jacuzzi tub.
- Suite Bellini is nicely situated in the corner of the second floor. The suite contains a large bedroom and bathroom totalling 1,224 square feet. The bedroom enjoys enviable views of the lake to the north and the south and totals 576 square feet. The bedroom is exceptional with an ornately painted wrought iron queen sized bed. Like the other suites, Suite Bellini is filled with antiques and beautiful art. The bathroom is fit for a king and queen and totals 648 square feet. It features Lombardy cotta floors, Siena marble tops, a shower and a large jacuzzi bathtub.
- The fourth suite (Norma 2 pax) has a 180 cm bed and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower.
- Suite Norma, like the other lake-facing bedrooms, has stunning views and beautifully decorated ceilings and doors. The Suite is 837 square feet and has a matrimonial antique brass bed with Lombardy cotta floors. The suite’s bathroom is outfitted with Philip Starck bathtub, washbasin and toilet.
- The fifth suite (Sonnanbula 2 pax) has a sitting room with a desk, fireplace, and views of the mountains, one bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower. The bedroom has a 180 cm bed.
- Suite Sonnambula has a large bedroom and equally large sitting room that face the mountains and the village of Moltrasio. Together with the bathroom, this suite totals 1,578 square feet. The sitting room has a marble fireplace and antique writing desk. The bedroom has a beautiful antique Pugliese matrimonial bed and rich antique furniture. The bathroom is 444 square feet and contains Philip Starck designer bathtub, washbasin, and toilet. The bathroom features fabulous views of Lake Como.
Terrace / Alfresco Dining
Walk To Village
Villa Tour & Welcome Drinks
Extra Optional Services
Pricing and Availability
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
The benefits of the Luxury Collection
Lombardia and The Lakes
Lombardia is located at the very north of Italy and borders with Switzerland and the Alps. Home to the industrial capital city of Milan which is perhaps the biggest centre in the world for fashion with names like Armani, Prada, and Gucci all residing in Milans ‘Golden Quad’. The local people of Milan take great pride in the way they dress and it can often seem they are all on a catwalk as they quickly march through the streets.
Milan is also the finance powerhouse of the country, and is not driven by tourism. The city itself is fast passed, and a great place to visit if you are a serious shopper.
The main attractions in Milan include Il Duomo di Milano, Leonardo Da Vincis last supper, La Scala opera house, and the Castello Sforzesco.
From €37,000.00 per week
The Luxury Collection
Array (  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 429 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2019-12-24 09:08:21 [post_date_gmt] => 2019-12-24 09:08:21 [post_content] =>
- Villa Bellini Dependence -Cernobbio/Moltrasio area.
- Sleeps 11+ guests in 6 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. One master suite with ensuite, 3 doubles each with ensuite and 1 twin bedroom and one single which can be accessed through the kitchen or the garden.
- Villa Bellini is 450 square metres that sits atop Lake Como. It is a beautiful Villa made of Moltrasio stone and wood. It was designed to view the Lake.
- The gardens of the dependence are set on two levels leaning over the garden balustrade guests can enjoy one of the most beautiful view in the world.
- Villa Bellini is decorated with fine antiques and elegant Italian designer furniture. Four of the bedrooms have beautiful ensuite bathrooms.
- The Kitchen is large, modern and airy with every imaginable amenity. The kitchen units are an elegant stainless steel and in the center is an antique Tuscan eating table. This luxury villa has two beautiful fireplaces. One is in the sitting room which looks out over the lake and the other is in one of the bedroom suites.
- The Sitting Room is spectacular with a flat screen TV and gorgeous views North and South of Lake Como. Elevated from the Sitting Room is the lovely Dining Room which also enjoys beautiful views of the Lake.
- The large living room is modern and comfortable and very tastefully furnished, there are white sofas, a fireplace, and beautiful lake view. The dining room has a table for 10 people and has direct access to the kitchen. . Overview of the villa
- It features 3 European king sized beds; 1 European queen sized bed; 1 Set of twin beds; 1 Single bed. The large living room is modern comfortable and very tastefully furnished, has white sofas, fireplace and beautiful lake view. The dining room with a table for 10 people has direct access to the kitchen.
- The master bedroom has a beautiful lake view and ensuite bathroom, there are more 5 bedrooms and three bathrooms plus 2 guest toilets.
- Sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 2 guest bathrooms.
- Living room, dining room and kitchen. Dishwasher, microwave, oven, toaster, American coffee maker, stainless steel burners, refrigerator with ice maker.
- Master bedroom with en suite bathroom with tub and separate shower, one bedroom with a French bed, one bathroom with tub and separate shower.
- One bedroom with 2 single beds. 2 guest bathrooms.
- Ground Floor – Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.
- One double bedroom with ensuite bathroom, one double bedroom, one bathroom. This last room is connected with a third double bedroom and shares the bathroom. One bathroom has a bathtub and the second one has a shower.
- The gardens of Villa Bellini are considered some of the most historic and beautiful on Lake Como. Guests will enjoy fresh flowers from the Cutting and Rose Gardens. There is also an extensive Vegetable Garden and Orchard so that our guests can enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables during their stay. The Swimming Terrace is spectacular. The terrace is filled with lemon and Olive trees. The views of Lake Como are stunning from the Swimming Terrace which is the warmest part of the garden.
- Overlooking the swimming pool is Sant’ Agata’s 12th century belltower. There is also a 200 year old greenhouse on the terrace. The Villa Bellini property ends at the lake’s shore.
- The dock area is beautiful. It is encased in antique Moltrasio stone both on the walls and on the steps leading to the water. The dock area is filled with roses, creeping jasmine and oleander.
- We have two boats docked here. One is a 32’ hand crafted boat built of mahogany inside and out that is perfect for long cruises on the lake. The other is a 19’ boat for village hoping, waterskiing, fishing and other sporting activities.