La Petriola, Montalcino, Toscana - Tuscany
- Propery Type:
- Swimming Pool
- Air Con
- Outstanding views
- Car parking
- Terrace / Balcony
- Al fresco Dining
Sitting on a spectacular estate of ten hectares (three of which are fenced) with stunning views of the hills, La Petriola is a true gem of Tuscany’s beloved countryside. It sleeps up to 14 in 7 bedrooms with private bathrooms and it has AC and WiFi.
La Petriola is situated in an untouched area south of Siena, between the fascinating wine region of Montalcino and the beautiful coast of Maremma.
The famous “Chianti-shire”, is only a fifty-minute drive away, making La Petriola an ideal location to explore also this area.
The closest village, Casal di Pari, is 5.5 km's away therefore a car is necessary. In the village there is a restaurant and a bar.
The larger town of Paganico is 20 km's away and here there is a couple of restaurants, bars, a bank with an ATM, a pharmacy and a post office.
Other few remarkable restaurants are a 15 minutes drive away; at the property, you will also find more information about restaurants and other nearby facilities.
From the Strada Provinciale Leopoldina, an unpaved road of about 600 meters leads to the gate of the villa. The main house and two guesthouses share a 6000 square meters garden featuring an infinity and fenced swimming pool (14x6x2.10 meters), a large gazebo and elegant garden furniture. The terrace includes both an alfresco lounge and dining set, perfect for barbeques at sunset. Indoors, you will find a home entertainment system and Wi-Fi. Gym room near the pool ground.
The services of a personal cook, housekeeping and a welcome dinner for all guests is included in the price. Please note that the staff live on site, in a separate house.
La Petriola has been recently restored and tastefully furnished with a fine selection of antiques and exquisite decorations. The fully equipped kitchen features a long, hardwood table and can be the perfect setting for cooking classes.
Seven bedrooms accommodate up to fourteen guests at La Petriola. You will find six en-suite bathrooms and a seventh private bathroom. One of the suites offers a jetted tub and another direct access to the terrace.
Main House + Guest Houses = 610 Square meters
• Fully-equipped main kitchen
• Large dining room
• Sitting area with working fireplace and beamed ceiling
• Studio equipped with a TV screen and a leather couch
• Guest half bathroom
• Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• Spacious living room with beamed ceilings, large fireplace and facing sofas and armchairs
• Two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
• Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• Living room with fireplace
• Comfortable dining area
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Direct access to the garden
• Two bedrooms, one with private bathroom, one with en-suite bathroom
• One bedroom with en-suite bathroom
The garden surrounds all three units and offers several recreational opportunities as well as a vegetable garden with fresh vegetables. The panoramic infinity pool measures 14x6x2,10 meters and it is fenced.
The pool area is furnished with chairs, chaises longues and shades. There is a large wooden gazebo, also fully furnished with chairs and a coffee table. On the upper level, the stone paved patio is decorated with stone walls and an old brick well. This area is perfect for outdoor dining and enjoying the extraordinary 360-degree panorama.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
• Bedroom 1: Main House - Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
• Bedroom 2: Main House - Queen bedroom with large en-suite bathroom, and stone Jacuzzi
• Bedroom 3: Main House - Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with double sinks, claw-foot tub and access to terrace
• Bedroom 4: Main House - Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with large shower with stone seats
• Bedroom 5: Guest House - Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• Bedroom 6: Guest House - Queen bedroom with private bathroom
• Bedroom 7: Pool House - Double bedroom with canopy bed, wide plank hardwood flooring, en-suite bathroom with concrete shower
IMPORTANT: Please note that the bedrooms are in 3 separate buildings. Smoking is permitted only in the garden. The property is entirely non-smoking.
• Air-conditioning throughout villa
• Window screens
• The Kitchen is equipped with: dishwasher, oven, refrigerator, Espresso maker and other facilities such as microwave, American coffee maker and toaster
• Washing machine and Dryer
• Please note: major house appliances to be used with the supervision of the staff
• Iron and Ironing board
• Hair dryer in each bathroom
• Baby bed and high chair
• Private gym in the lower floor of the pool house
• Satellite TV - Wireless internet – Stereo - DVD player - iPod docks.
• Toiletries, Bathrobes
• Covered Parking
• Casal di Pari - 5,5 km - 12 minutes
• Paganico – 18 km – 20 minutes
• Siena 42 km - 40 minute drive
• Montalcino 43 km - 45 minute drive
• Castiglione della Pescaia 65 km – 1 hour drive
• Argentario and the Tuscan coast at 94 km – 1 hour and 15 minute drive
• Florence 108 km - 1 hour and 40 minute drive
• Rome 233 km - 2 hours and 50 minute drive
Other activities in the area:
Thermal baths in a Petriolo and Bagnaia
Vineyards for wine tasting
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
|High||June 30 - September 1||8||€13,285.00|
|Low||Rest of year||8||€11,430.00|
|Low||Rest of year||14||€13,285.00|
|High||June 30 - September 1||14||€15,428.00|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
NCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE:
- Final cleaning
- Water, gas, electricity and heating
- Morning housekeeping service daily for 3.5 hours (2 staff members), and 1 hour in the evening.
- Mid-week bed linen and towels change.
- Breakfast preparation service (between 8:00 am-9:30 am) – cost of ingredients extra.
- Welcome Dinner
- Cook service included for lunch (between 1:00 pm-2:30 pm) OR dinner (between 8:00 pm-9:30 pm) - cost of food extra.
NOT INCLUDED/EXTRA, ON REQUEST, TO BE PAID LOCALLY
Additional housekeeping: 15 Euro per hr. per staff member
Additional bed linen change upon request
Cook service for second meal in the same day is 20 Euro per hour plus 15 Euro for cook’s help: cost of food extra.
Personal laundry service: 15 Euro per hr.
Grocery shopping fee: 50 Euro per delivery, plus cost of groceries.
- Baby bed available and included
Security deposit 3000 Euro to be held at the agency.
Food deposit to be paid in cash on arrival:
1500 Euro up to 8 people
2500 Euro up to 14 people
- Pool opening dates April 20 to September 28
- Pool towels included - Telephone: not included, metered
- Wi-Fi Internet access included
Special notes and restrictions:
- Children older than 10 years old are welcome. Children under 10 year old: only upon request and prior owner approval.
- Smoking is permitted ONLY in the garden. The property is ENTIRELY NON SMOKING.
- The meal schedule is as indicated above, unless otherwise agreed prior to arrival.
- Major house appliances to be used with the supervision of the staff.
- Late arrivals are generally not possible and must be approved by the owner in advance.