Villa Evelina, Amalfi coast, Campania
- Propery Type:
- Air Con
- No car needed
- Sea Views
- In a village
Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, air-conditioned, terrace, panoramic sea views, WiFi, 140 sqm, 1600 sq ft indoors, 40 sqm/430 sq ft terrace — in a village
Villa Evelina is part of a 17th century villa located in a beautiful panoramic position. Attractive modern decor, spaciousness and proximity to the lively centre of Positano make this an ideal location for visiting the Amalfi Coast. A large private terrace is an ideal setting for sunset cocktails or al fresco dining while admiring the splendid sea views. The spacious interiors have high vaulted ceilings, thick stone walls and antique terracotta floors, and the house is full of light. A pedestrian street with about 70 steps leads to the house from the main street of Positano.
The closest shops and restaurants are located at the bottom of the steps that lead to the villa. The closest beach is the main beach of Positano, Spiaggia Grande, just 600 meters (656 yards) from Villa Evelina; it can be reached on foot in 5-6 minutes via a charming downhill alley closed to traffic and lined with shops and boutiques. Ferries and hydrofoils to Capri (30 min), Naples (50 min), Amalfi (30 min) and Salerno (1.5 hrs) leave from a pier to the right of the main beach. The other villages of the coast are easily reached by blue buses marked SITA. The nearest SITA bus stop is 10-15 minutes walk, but can also be reached by local shuttle bus which runs every 15/30 minutes.
Beautiful arched wooden doors lead to an entrance hall with high vaulted ceilings. This hall is divided into two areas, the second of which is accessed via three steps. The first area has ancient wooden doors that lead to a library room furnished with two red sofas, reading lamps and tables.
A wooden staircase leads to the mezzanine:
• 1 twin bedroom
Three stairs lead to a long corridor where the rest of the rooms are located:
• Sitting area furnished with armchairs and a piano; opens to terrace
• 1 large modern bathroom with shower and washing machine
• Living/dining with a 3 seater sofa, two armchairs, dining table (seats 6), antique fireplace, flat-screen TV with CD and DVD player. The ceiling is very high and the room is light, due to the large French doors overlooking the terrace and the sea.
• Small but well organized modern kitchen with fridge, freezer, five-burner gas range with electric oven, dishwasher, electric kettle , microwave, toaster, Italian style coffee maker etc.
• 2 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with shower
A spacious terrace is positioned in front of the main living/dining room and the third bedroom, with a dining table that comfortably seats six, shaded by a white sun umbrella. The terrace is furnished with armchairs and comfortable lounge chairs and has a wide view of the sea with the three famous Islands of Li Galli in the distance.
Amenities: air-conditioning/heating throughout, satellite TV, DVD, CD player, wireless internet access, washing machine, dishwasher, ironing equipment, hair dryers in each bathroom.
• Sorrento (all facilities and train to Naples: 10km/6mi
• Amalfi: 17km/10.5mi
• Ravello: 22km/13.5mi
• Pompei: 45km/28mi
• Naples airport: 60km/37mi
• Rome Fiumicino Airport: 267km/166mi
Prices upon request.