The Luxury Collection
Villa BalbianoOssuccio, Lago di Como
From €15,000.00 per week
Ossuccio, Lago di Como
- From €15,000.00 per week
Located in Ossuccio, 27km from Como on the west shore of the lake, Villa Balbiano sleeps 11 people in 5 bedrooms/5 bathrooms + dependence. 500 sqm lake front property (2.4 acres) with swimming pool and boat house
Entrance: through a glass door with a view on the lake.
on the right : a fully furnished kitchen equipped with all modern appliances, expresso machine, boiling teapot, 2 ovens, dishwasher large fridge a dining area.
An outside dining-room under a pergola for fresco diners or breakfasts.
A comfortable salon with 2 couches, armchairs, fireplace –
A dining area for 8 people.
A veranda facing the lake with dining area with sofas & armchairs, thanks to the automatic removable glass windows it is the perfect place to relax also in winter time
A laundry room with washing machine, dryer and ironing table.
A small office in the staircase for lower & upper levels.
Straight ahead : a small office opening on the terrace
MASTER BEDROOM / BATHROOM ENSUITE
A master bedroom with queen bed, a dressing room, 3 windows and a double glass door opening onto the sunbathed terrace on the lake.
A bathroom with Massage bathtub, shower, double sink, restroom & lavatory
GUEST BEDROOM/ BATHROOM ENSUITE
A queen bed facing the window, door opening on the terrace, one window, a dressing table
A bathroom with massage shower, a bathtub, a double sink, restroom & lavatory
3RD BEDROOM / BATHROOM
Twin bedroom, 2 windows, a closet.
A bathroom with shower & double sink.
The stair case leads to the attic. This is at the moment (summer 2013) an empty room A futon bed, queen size can be used for extra bedding.
A single bed, a closet, a bathroom with shower & sink
A PLAY ROOM with 2 couches, a working fireplace and a baby soccer game
A STORAGE ROOM used for laundry
Opposite the main villa, an independent studio with kitchen, dining room and salon. Perfect for people with walking difficulties
1 BEDROOM with a queen bed and the bathroom with shower & sink
EXTRA BEDDING arrangement:
In the 4th bedroom (lower lever), we can provide a queen bed instead of a single bed.
In the storage room, we can provide 2 extra single beds.
This way it is possible to accommodate up to 14 people in the house.
SWIMMING POOL: 8m x 16m – Sun beds and longhairs – Eco friendly water – No chlorine
BOAT HOUSE : 2 parking spaces for boats – Cabin with showers & restrooms – Storage rooms for boat equipment.
PARKING : 2 covered parking spaces
Como 27 km
Menaggio 8 km
Lugano 38 km
Malpensa airport 84 km
airport Agno (Lugano) 42km
Ferry 5 km
All Yearrailroad station Como 27 km
Ossuccio sits on the shores of Lake Como west branch, it is a pretty village with a dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains. The village, which has origins dating back to the Romans faces the little island of Comacina. There are several restaurants, coffee bars and food shops in the village. Ferries for Bellagio Varenna and Menaggio depart from Cadenabbia 5 km
The Sacro Monte di Ossuccio (literally ‘Sacred Mount of Ossuccio’) is one of the nine sacri monti in the Italian regions of Lombardy and Piedmont which were inscribed on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites in 2003.The devotional complex is located on a prealpine crag some 200 metres above the western shore Lake Como, facing Isola Comacina and some 25 km from the city of Como.
Terrace / Alfresco Dining
Villa Tour & Welcome Drinks
Extra Optional Services
Pricing and Availability
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
The benefits of the Luxury Collection
Extra bedding arrangement: 3 extra pax can be added on request:
1 queen bed in the attic
1 single bed in the lower level
- Final cleaning included
- Heating included
- Internet WIFI connection included
- Baby bed included
- Bed and bath linen changed on Saturday included
- Pool towels included
- Midweek cleaning included with change of bed & bath linen plus end of week cleaning.
- Air conditioning provided in all rooms
- Pets not allowed Security deposit Euro 3.000
Special notes and restrictions:
- Late Arrival is possible upon request and approval of the owner between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm for an extra fee of 50 Euro
- Extra services available on request : cook service, cooking classes, wine tasting, advanced grocery shopping
Lombardia and The Lakes
Lombardia is located at the very north of Italy and borders with Switzerland and the Alps. Home to the industrial capital city of Milan which is perhaps the biggest centre in the world for fashion with names like Armani, Prada, and Gucci all residing in Milans ‘Golden Quad’. The local people of Milan take great pride in the way they dress and it can often seem they are all on a catwalk as they quickly march through the streets.
Milan is also the finance powerhouse of the country, and is not driven by tourism. The city itself is fast passed, and a great place to visit if you are a serious shopper.
The main attractions in Milan include Il Duomo di Milano, Leonardo Da Vincis last supper, La Scala opera house, and the Castello Sforzesco.
From €15,000.00 per week
The Luxury Collection
Array (  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 626 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2019-12-27 10:36:09 [post_date_gmt] => 2019-12-27 10:36:09 [post_content] =>
- Villa Il Balbiano is an exceptional and historical palazzo which is the perfect venue for family vacation or weddings. Situated on the western shore of Lake Como, in the town of Ossuccio, approximately 20kms north of the town of Como.
- Villa Giovio Balbiano was built by Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio at the end of the16th century, after the drawings of Pellegrino Tibaldi, and was enlarged and embellished by Cardinal Durini in the 18th century.
- In 1637, Marco Gallio, changed the layout of the grounds in order to obtain enough space to create the Italian garden.
- In 1787, the property was sold to Cardinal Angelo Maria Durini, papal nuncio, a lover of arts and letters, patron and collector. He made the Villa an authentic place of delight by enlarging the house and garden, erecting statues and fountains, and opening new avenues between hedges and pergolas.
- The facade, with simple and sober lines, punctuated by gray stone ornamental carvings, is directly reflected in the water of Lake Como. All around stand statues and fountains. From the Strada Regina, a nymph flowered of blue iris leads to the path to the main house, lined with box hedges, where plane trees and cypresses grow.
- In the late 18th century Balbiano hosted a gallant and frivolous society where festivals, banquets and dances followed one another relentlessly. The lounges housed recitation meetings, concerts or literary discussions. Inside, the spectacular baroque frescoes by the Recchi brothers in the early 17th century can still be seen. In the lobby, Cardinal Durini installed its rich library, known to all scholars of the time. Nearby, where the river empties into Perlana’s lake, the pipe works commissioned by Durini to stem the flow of water can still be admired.
- The property can host up to 28 people.
- 6 luxury suites in the main palace - 12 guests
- 4 additional bedrooms in the left wing - 8 guests
- 4 bedrooms in the adjacent Villino - 8 guests
- MAIN PALACE INTERIOR DESCRIPTION
- The palatial interior contains 6460 sq. ft, over three floors recently fully renovated by the French decorator Jacques Garcia.
- The main entrance leads to the magnificent lobby decorated with original frescoes, surrounded by a dining room, a library, a winter garden and three salons.
- All these rooms have marble floors and original frescoes on the walls and ceilings. Adjacent are the services rooms: the kitchen and a covered terrace with working fireplace for outdoor dining.
- On the first floor, the lake view gallery leads to the studio, the master suite and the guest suite surrounds the Cathedral ceiling Central Salon.
- A further marble staircase leads to the second-floor accommodations, comprising four luxurious bedrooms ensuite with their marble bathrooms, overlooking the Cathedral ceiling Central Salon.
- All the rooms are beautifully furnished with antiques.
- A boat can be rented and parked in the private dockyard to enjoy the charms of the lake.
- Detailed description of each suite:
- Suite 1: Double bedroom, en suite marble bathroom with shower and bathtub, TV
- Suite 2: Double bedroom, en suite marble bathroom with shower, Safe, TV
- Suite 3: Double bedroom, en suite marble bathroom with shower and bathtub, TV
- Suite 4: Double bedroom, en suite marble bathroom with shower and bathtub, TV
- Suite 5: Double bedroom, en suite marble bathroom with shower, Lounge area, TV Suite 6: Master double bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower and bathtub, Terrace
- Safe in each bedroom
- Fully equipped pro kitchen
- Private access to the lake
- 2 boat houses
- Gym area
- Secure parking area
- Reverse cycle AC/heating
- Fully integrated security system
- 2 swimming pools (one inside and one outside)
- Cook, Concierge, Maids and Gardener
- MAIN PALACE - LEFT WING DESCRIPTION
- Completely renovated this part of the property sleeps up to 8 people in 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom, shared access to bathroom (shower) with bedroom 2, TV
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, shared access to bathroom (shower) with bedroom 1, TV
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom, shared access to bathroom (shower) with bedroom 4, TV
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom, shared access to bathroom (shower) with bedroom 3, TV
- This lovely independent house is located in the back part of the garden. It sleeps up to 8 people, in 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower and bathtub
- Bedrooms 2: Double bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower and bathtub
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower
- Please note that this house is simpler than the other accommodations
- Water skiing, Windsurfing, Boat rentals
- Mountain rock climbing, walking & biking
- Sightseeing in Como/Milan/Lugano, Shopping in Milan
- Cooking Lessons, Wine Tasting, Golf
- The Villa is in the town of Ossuccio, approximately 20kms north of the town of Como. Lake Como measures 146km2 (91 square miles) and is the third largest Italian lake. It is completely surrounded by mountains, the highest of which is Monte Legnone (2609m – 8560ft.)
- Because the lake’s Alpine ridge resists the northern winds and its great mass of water tends to reduce sudden drops in temperature, Lake Como is particularly renowned for its generally mild and moist climate which contributes to the lushness of its shore line.
- The lake’s winter climate is never very harsh, and the summer heat is hardly ever stifling because of this extensive vegetation.
- Also because of these unique climatic characteristics, the flora along the lakeside is varied, abundant and similar to Mediterranean vegetation: cypress and laurel trees, camellias, azaleas, rhododendrons, magnolias, and palm trees.
- In fact in some more wet and sheltered areas, tropical and sub-tropical vegetation can be found. Very few other Italian localities offer such environmental variety. In a few kilometers one goes from the mountains to the lake, from alpine valleys to small hills. A boat can be rented and parked in the private garage to enjoy the charms of the lake. The major international airports around are Milan-Malpensa and Milan-Linate (both an hour drive away). For private aviation, the closest airport is Lugano in Switzerland (45 minutes away).