Torre Ovest, Amalfi coast, Campania
- Propery Type:
- Air Con
- Beach Access
- welcome dinner
- No car needed
Positano on the famous Amalfi Coast near Naples
Unique property sleeps 13 in 8 bedrooms (5 doubles, 3 singles)/7.5 bathrooms, partial air-conditioning, WIFI — overlooks the sea with private beach access comes with staff and private boat service
Torre Ovest is set on a rocky outcrop jutting into the turqoise sea, framed on one side by the charming village of Positano and on the other, a breathtaking view of the open sea. This unique property can be reached only by boat (5 minutes) or on a footpath from the beach (15 minutes); it is not possible to reach the house by car. There is a public parking lot 15 minutes from the Torre, and taxi-boat service is available 14/7 from the main beach of Positano. One of the most prestigious homes on the Amalfi Coast, this unusual property offers complete privacy, beautiful surroundings, unique architecture and a truly fascinating history.
The renowned futurist artist Gilbert Clavel restored this old Norman tower in 1927, summoning his artisan contemporary Enrico Lietz from the north of Italy to custom design furniture conforming to his vision. Clavel entertained many famous guests in this house, including Cocteau, Depero, and Picasso. This awe-inspiring pentagonal residence is built on four levels, with a subterranean level built right into the rock. The various levels and areas are connected by pathways, passages, and corridors — all in balance with the natural environment — and the interior is furnished with delightful simplicity and originality. The harmonious relationship between structure and environment is reflected everywhere, in the choice or materials, colors and light, and the overall effect blurs the lines between indoors and out.
From the terrace, look seaward toward the isles of Capri and I Galli; or turn to admire Positano's whitewashed houses spilling down the cliffs to a harbor dotted with sailboars. Enjoy the many cafés, shops, and restaurants of Positano, or travel the scenic coastal road, stopping at Praiano, Amalfi, and the spellbinding uphill town of Ravello. Take a boat trip to the islands, visit Naples, or explore the ruins of ancient Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Arrive at the Torre by water taxi or on foot, taking the staircase to the private entrance gate and path. The property is divided into three different parts:
LA TORRE (2 double bedrooms and living room are air-conditioned)
• Lower level: Fully equipped modern kitchen with dishwasher
• First level: "Blue bedroom" double with divisible beds (on request) and charming view towards the sea; en suite bathroom (tub with hand-held shower), view of Positano
• Second level:
Spacious living room with views towards Positano, ocean and seacoast, with fireplace with antique glass tiles, small fridge for cold drinks, TV SKY, CD player.
Single bedroom; en suite bathroom with shower; this bedroom has access to a little balcony overlooking the sea
• Third level:
"Yellow bedroom" double with queen bed; en suite bathroom with double sink and tub
Internal staircase to the roof terrace on the top of the Torre, with 360° view over the sea and coast
A balcony circles the tower on three sides and includes a south-facing open terrace with a painted tile floor by the famous ceramicist, Ernestine.
LE SIRENE (2 bedrooms and the living room are air-conditioned)
• First level: "Sirene bedroom" double with divisible beds (on request) and all west-facing windows; bookcases and desk designed by Clavel; small corridor leads to en suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
• Second level: "Diamond bedroom" single bedroom named for the diamond shape of the ceiling, designed by Clavel when he laid the parquet floor; view of Positano, satellite TV; unique open space small bathroom with shower and only drapes for privacy
• Third level:
Living/dining room with bamboo couches, chairs for five, round dining table for four, TV (satellite) with VCR (PAL), CD player
New corner kitchen with granite counters, microwave, 4-burner gas stove, small electric grill, double sink
Le Sirene also has a fantastic, spacious terrace with breathtaking views, BBQ, and a teak dining table with director chairs for eight.
PORTICATO (3 bedrooms are air-conditioned)
• Lower level:
Long, tiled dining terrace furnished with a large wooden table large enough to accommodate everyone for a long lunch or al fresco dinner. The spectacular view through an open arch frames Positano.
Sitting room furnished with red and white cushions on wicker couches, accommodates six comfortably; CD payer.
Small corridor leads to the main kitchen, fully equipped with 5-burner gas stove, oven, large fridge, separate freezer, dishwasher, microwave; Vietri ceramic tiles, charming window faces Positano. This is where Angela, the wonderful chef, prepares meals.
Spacious adjacent room is used by staff for laundry, casual meals, etc.
Arched glass doors lead to covered terrace with washing machine and dryer.
Custodian's apartment is on this level but has independent access.
• First level:
"Green bedroom" double with divisible beds (on request), screened, opens onto the principal terrace; window screens, ceiling fan, breathtaking view of Positano
"Library bedroom" single with antique parquet floor and original desk designed by Clavel; window and double doors open onto the principal terrace
Bathroom with tub and hand-held shower, bright yellow tiles, double sink, small window faces Positano
"Secret room" double with divisible beds (on request) and bathroom with shower; no sea view.
Guest half bath
Although the villa has three kitchens, the gas will be turned on only in the main kitchen (in Il Porticato). This is the kitchen used by the cook. The other facilities (fridge and water) can be used in the other two kitchens.
This is an ideal accommodation for a large group of people who want to enjoy both secluded and shared spaces, and who wish to experience one of the most unusual and elegant residences on the Amalfi Coast. The picture is completed by an exceptional staff whose love and dedication to this property will enhance your villa vacation.
Amenities: air-conditioning, satellite TV/VCR, WiFi Internet, washer & dryer, dishwasher, telephone/fax, BBQ, fans for all bedrooms, shaded terrace with simple weight-training equipment. The villa comes with full staff: caretaker (speaks English), housekeeper, fantastic cook (speaks English), and server.
HISTORY OF THE HOUSE
Its history dates back to the early 13th century when the Normans built over this stunning promontory a guardian tower, to protect the coast from the attack of the Saracens army. At the beginning of the last century (1909), the artistic sensibility of a futurist architect and writer, Gilbert Clavel, overwhelmed by the beauty of the site and its surroundings, encouraged him to begin the renewal. Under the guidance of his artistic taste which took form into a unique architectural structure and a specially designed interior as the wooden furniture built with the help of the artisan and friends Enrico Lietz. Gilbert Clavel entertained many famous guests in his house, such as Cocteau, Depero and Pablo Picasso who met his future wife Olga Kaklowa here.
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
|High||June 30 - September 1||11||€20,000.00|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
Final cleaning included
Phone not included
Wireless internet connection included Baby bed available and included Security deposit to be wired to the owner together with the 30% deposit:
Euro 2000 for one week rental; plus
Euro 1000 for each extra week.
Eventual damages or extra expenses will be deducted from the Sec deposit. The difference will be returned in cash upon departure.
Another 2000 Euro for security deposit has to be kept by the agent.
NOTE: Generally, booking of ONE single week are NOT accepted before March 2010. In any case, if you have a client interested in one week booking please inquire and we will contact immediately the owner and see if he is interested to accept it.
- CONCIERGE An English speaking local host will meet our guests on the arrival / departure day and help them to settle in. She will be available to be reached by phone during the stay. This service is included in the price.
Prior arrival she will be also available to arrange tours, excursions and other services. This is not included in the price.
- WELCOME DINNER We need to know arrival time at least 2 weeks prior arrival otherwise we cannot guarantee this service. The dinner is served, food and beverages are included.
- CHEF Angela 6 hour per day ( from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.). She works 6/7 days per week. Angela prepares lunch and she is also available to prepare a light dinner, but she will not serve dinner. Each Extra hour costs 20,00 €.
- BEDROOMS MAID SERVICE 6 hours per day ( from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) She works 6/7 days per week. Change of linens and towels twice a week. Each Extra hour costs 15,00 €. She is also available for laundry service at an extra cost of 15,00 € per hour. This service has to be agreed on site depending on the availability of the staff, preferably on Mon and Wed.
- PROPERTY MANAGER available during the day.
- TRANSFER SERVICE this service is included in the price only for transfer - with luggage – on the arrival day and departure day. Any other transfer from/to Positano is not included and will be charged.
- We suggest to the clients to provide us with the grocery shopping list at least 15 days prior arrival. This service is included, but the food of course is not included.
Services Not included:
Food, beverages, wine, telephone, advanced grocery shopping.
PRIVATE ACCESS TO PUBBLIC BEACH LITTLE USED BY OTHERS SINCE THE ONLY ACCESSES TO IT ARE FROM THE SEA OR FROM THE TOWER.
Arrival at house only possible via boat or on foot across stone beach. Parking at public car-park in Positano only, approximately 15 minutes from house. Taxi-boat service available 24/7 from main beach; please inquire.
Check in time: 4.00 PM – 6.00 PM
Check out time: Before 10.00 AM
Fans available for all the bedrooms.
Air Conditioning in the following rooms:
Torre: in the 2 bedrooms and in the living room.
Sirene: in the 2 bedrooms and in the living room.
Porticato is not Air conditioned. AC is included in the rental price.
WIFI Internet connection included and available in the 75% of the property.
In order to reserve the property is necessary a 30 % deposit. Not refundable.
The security deposit has to be wired together with the 30% deposit.
70% Balance one month prior arrival.
- 30% of the total amount from reservation to 150th day before arrival.
- 50% of the total amount from 149th to 60th day before arrival.
- 100 % of the total amount from 59th to the day of the arrival.
For further information and weekly rates please enquire.